Sunday, January 1, 2012

What A Day

I made it. I am safely in Wichita, Kansas, cuddled up in my bed, and ready for sleep. Today has been a whirl wind of craziness. I wanted to give you a quick update on the start of trip but I am going to make it short. Tomorrow is a big day. I had trouble sleeping last night as the my emotions got the best of me. So between not sleeping well and getting up at 3:45 am to go to the airport, I knew it was going to be a long day. The craziness began first thing as the fog had caused my 6:25 am flight to Denver to be cancelled. From what I was hearing, people were not being booked on a new flight for at least day if not two or three. I was on the verge of tears 10 minutes after getting to the airport. I prayed about it, talked with my husband and used the 1hour and 20 minutes I was in line to calm down and remember God had a plan. I was greeted by a friendly and sweet Frontier airline clerk who did all the she could to make sure I would make it to Kansas today. Long story short I left the San Diego airport at about 8:00 or so with two boarding passes in hand a hour and a half drive upto John Wayne Airport in Orange County. I now went from Orange County,Ca to Dallas, Tx and finally to Wichita, KS landing shortly after 9:00 pm. What a day. This isn't the start I wanted to have to my trip but I am blessed to have made it here safe and sound and it's all part of the plan. The hotel is great but more on that later. I am just happy to be getting settled in. Off to dream land and hopefully lots to say tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment