Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas! A few days late I know but still Merry Christmas. Funny how in my last post I thought I might be blogging everyday and it ended up being almost a week. Things got a little crazy to say the least so it wasn't until now that I felt up to posting something. To recap the last week...I decided to not call disability until this morning. I am waiting for my call back and if anything is new you can bet I will be updating later. I took Jenna (my 7 yr old) to the doctor for her stomach. To put it nicely, she was having plumbing issues if you know what I mean. So a little miralax and she seems to be doing much better. Brooke (my 4 yr old) has continued on with a super stuffy and runny nose. Trying to just use her saline spray and avoid the doctor. Unfortunately my husband and I both got a nasty cold or flu or whatever you want to call it. Mostly sinus type stuff. Ryan stayed home on Christmas Eve because he wasn't' feeling good and he was on call and was expecting to have to go into work. By the time the girls and I got home on Christmas Eve I was starting to feel bad. Christmas morning it was on and I felt miserable. So all Christmas day and all yesterday I was miserable. I am very limited on what I can take so that makes things worse. I am trying to limit over the counter medications however, I could have drunk half a bottle of NyQuil and slept for two days straight and felt much better. No such luck though. To add to it all I am thinking I am working on a Kidney Stone. Now I have had them before, when I was pregnant with Jenna. Worst pain ever. Last night the really uncomfortable dull ache started in my right flank. I drank a ton of water. It got to about 6 out of 10 on the pain scale and then I must have fallen asleep. Feels better today but I am not convinced that I don't have one. That is the last thing I need to deal with. At least I see the doctor on Wednesday so I can ask him what he thinks.

Other than the health issues we have been dealing with we were also dealing with getting our truck smogged so we can get it registered. Now this is the first year we had to get smogged. It is a diesel and the broke state of California is going for money any way they can so they are making diesels get smogged. I will admit that it is not the same test as regular vehicles and it doesn't have to be done at a test only facility. That doesn't mean though that you are not in for some trouble. If you have any after market stuff on your diesel truck you better start putting it back to stock. At least that is my basic understanding. We bought our truck used and it had a chip on it when we bought it. We took the chip off a while ago. I guess even though the chip was supposed to be untraceable it still can leave something messed up on the computer part. Anyways, Ryan took it to a great lady who was not only knowledgeable but really reasonably priced. That is the good news. The bad news is the truck didn't pass. She hardly got the test going and had to stop due to it failing already. My husband had to take it to the dealership to get they system "flashed". I guess that is basically a reset of the computer system on the truck. The dealership couldn't do it right away so Ryan had to leave the truck for half of the day. The flash cost about $100 and didn't guarantee that the truck would pass smog once it was done. Well in the end all things worked out and my husband got the truck back and smogged that day. It is just those few hours of added stress I can do with out. Needless to say God has really come through and provided everything we need and then some. We are not free and clear with all of the things we need to pay for and take care of but for the immediate needs of the dog, the truck and being able to celebrate Christmas God made sure we had it covered one way or another. I couldn't be more thankful.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and are looking forward to 2011. Thank you stopping by to check in. If I don't hear anything significant from disability I will certainly post something after the doctor on Wednesday. The countdown begins to starting the IV meds...Oh I forget to mention I had to stop the Levaquin due to the pain. I just felt that some of it definitely was more tendon than joint and the doctor said if I was in doubt to stop it. So I did and have felt somewhat better. I hope that was the right the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment