Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm Nuclear

So I am still hear. 3 weeks down at a work and I am still alive. In some ways it feels barely alive but alive none the less. I have some good and some what interesting news from the doctors office. I got my heavy metal test back and the doctor was fairly happy with the results. I am only slightly high in 3 things. That is the good news. The interesting news has to do with the 3 things I am high in. One is aluminum. I guess the most common source of that is cookware. Deodorant is also a source. I didn't think we had aluminum  cookware but I could be wrong. Guess I need to look into that. The other metals are really weird. I am high in uranium and something called gadolinium. Both of those are used in different nuclear applications. Could someone please tell me where I am getting exposure to anything nuclear? I am surprised I am not glowing in the dark. Hopefully the doctor can shed some more insight on that subject.

I have got to say that my symptoms have been really noticeable still. I have definitely had an increase in fatigue. I slept about 4 hours during the day about a week ago and I was in bed by 5:30 a couple of days this past week after work. I have been having a lot of headaches and sore throats. The pain, well there is not much to say except it is bad. I have had very few days in the past 3 weeks with no pain. I at least have it at night if I haven't had it earlier in the day. Some days it has been bad muscle aches, in my arms again which have been gone for quite a while. a lot of it is the bone and joint pain everywhere. This morning in just two fingers I am getting waves of joint pain that takes my breath away it is so intense. I've had some burning nerve pain again and the left side of my face starts going numb. It is so hard to figure out why the increase in some of this stuff again. I am still thinking it is from the new medication I am on. I guess the good news is I would take all of this to mean it is working and getting rid of some more lyme or co-infections. The frustrating part is of course how long will last or how much more do I have? The doctor said when I felt consistently good we would do the IV for two more months. Although I have made some improvements I don't consider this consistently better. In some ways it is hard to come up with a definition for that. I guess this is where good tracking of my symptoms comes in to play. Then I can hopefully look back and see a difference on paper.

I am also going to try and work harder at doing things that may help me feel better. I know you probably think...Well duh! Why wouldn't you be doing everything you can to feel better. As I have said before, this disease can become like a full time job. Dealing with the symptoms, getting enough rest, and taking all of your meds and supplements can take up all of your time. My husband just asked me the other day if I am doing everything I can to get better? I would like to think I am but I guess if I am totally honest about it I am not. I am going to make an even greater effort to do the things that may help me get better or at least feel better. That means drinking plenty of good water, eating lots of greens, doing my protein shakes, cutting the junk, working out at least twice a week, rebounding, dry brushing, and Epsom salt baths (on days I am not using my port), plenty of rest, buying my portable FIR sauna and using it on the days my port is not accessed, thinking positive, taking all my meds and supplements everyday no matter what...I think that covers almost all of it. Well I guess I am going to try and do all of that I better get off the computer! Have a great Memorial Day weekend. Thank you to everyone in the military, past and present, some of which have risked or given their life that we might be free. God Bless the USA!


  1. I agree, its a full time job and hard to do EVERYTHING we are supposed to!! A port my be in my future...maybe you have advice for me...

  2. Don't have much advice. From what I know and my own experience I like the port over a PICC line. I don't know if this applies to all IV meds but as far as Rocephin goes you only need it 3 days a week not 4. That is from Burrascano's latest conference/seminar. I go in once a week and have the nurse or doc do my first IV. We leave the port accessed and just cover the needle with a big Tegaderm bandage and my husband does my other IV's at home and takes the needle out to get a break. Can't think of anything else right now. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions you have though. Good luck.