Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Impatiently Waiting

Over the years I have a become a very impatient person. I don't really know that I was ever super patient but I do know at some point I had more patience then I do now. Being impatient and impulsive seem to go hand in hand for me. I am certainly seeing the benefit to not being so impulsive and taking my time when making a decision on things. I know there is a good side to being patient as well but this is a tough one for me. I try to not rush things or make things happen but to let "nature take its course so to speak". I must admit I don't like it. I am just not sure where this all comes from.
So the thing that got me going on this subject is medical test results. I got impatient last week and called the lab to see when they would anticipate my blood work to be done. They were very kind and said they would expect Friday and they would fax them to the doc as soon as they had them. Well work kept me fairly occupied Friday so I didn't focus to much on getting a phone call or message. I got neither. Bright and early yesterday morning I called and e-mailed to doc just to let them know I was looking forward to hearing from them. Nothing. Tried the doc and then the lab today. What do you know, they had the results early and sent them to the doc last Wednesday. Of course now I'm thinking maybe they didn't get them. Well they did get the results and I should have figured I would get no info until I come into the office. I can't wait until Thursday. I don't think I could wait just to drive down to San Diego. I don't have a choice. Wait I must. I am hoping I get the message there has been a cancellation but for now I will have to wait, impatiently I might add, until 10 a.m. Thursday morning. Is it Thursday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment