Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The gas tank is getting low

"I don't need easy, I just need possible"- Bethany Hamilton, Soul Surfer

This is beginning to feel like the longest road trip ever. Although I am still fairly content to be riding shotgun I am finding hard to not point out to the driver that the gas tank is getting low. I am sure the driver(Jesus) is checking the gauges and knows the gas tank(me) is getting low on fuel. There are just some days that I get a little down and just think I can't continue doing this. I was in this frame of mind just a few days ago. Here I was thinking about how I was having a "good day", meaning not really feeling sick but after being out about half of the day I was so exhausted I felt like I could have slept for days. So even on my good days, the tiredness and fatigue sets in and becomes overwhelming. I just thought I can't imagine having to live the rest of my life feeling this tired. I may be able to deal with some of the pain better than I could the fatigue. For me fatigue just takes the joy out of anything I am doing. It takes so much effort to do something it makes everything a chore. So frustrating to say the least.

With summer break coming to an end and me being back at work part time, I have also been feeling like I just don't have time for anything. I don't have time to be sick, to be a mom, to be at work...my life doesn't have time for life. My treatment and taking care of myself start to suffer a little when I am at work and things are busy. I get easily overwhelmed with how much there is to do. I don't have a clue how I survived as long as I did being sick while working full time and doing everything else. I am not ready yet to throw in the towel though. I don't think I will ever be ready to quit work because I know my family needs the money. However, this is part of me giving up control. This work issue is out of my hands as I see it. I am caught between the doctor, this disease, and the City. The end of 30 days is approaching. I see the doctor Thursday and I guess will be getting another note from him. Just as I suspected, nothing has changed in the last 30 days. I definitely have not improved but on the flip side I have not regressed like I thought I might. I have had some change in symptoms but I have managed okay. I will say I have had to take some time off for having a bad herx or two but otherwise have maintained okay.

I did have a really bad but short lived "twitching"episode last night. Come to find out, a  number of people consider those episodes seizures. I never did because I never lost consciousness during them. I know exactly whats going on even if I can't respond. Either way, I hate it when it happens but we get through them each and every time. My pain has been up a little. More muscle pain and weakness, less joint pain. I am starting to realize that my muscles are finally starting to get extremely weak. I really need to get back to the gym and do some weight training. It really hit me when I could barely get a gallon of milk out of the fridge. A little scary but I know I just need to work my muscles. The heart has kind of been the same. Trying to focus on some of the meditation exercises, although I haven't done them everyday. I still get my butt kicked with minimal exertion. I am having more palpitations and dizzy or "drunk" feeling episodes. It is so weird to feel like your heart is racing and beating out of your chest and the rate is normal. I have a bunch of blood work to get in for the cardiologist at some point. I need to do it mid day though so they can adequately measure the level of my one heart med. Then we will know whether or not we can increase it, I guess. The crepiditis in my joints is out of control. They all sound horrible but at least some of the pain is down for now.

The sauna is awesome. It is fairly relaxing when I am in it but certainly kicks my butt later. (I think everything is kicking my butt...haha) I am trying to take Chlorella before and after. It is an algae and is supposed to absorb some of the toxins. Working again on my diet. Trying to just make so small lasting changes. I don't know how anyone can go on these crazy healthy diets, some of which are so restrictive. My problem is I want instant results. I know its not going to happen but in my world, if I went a day without junk than I want to feel a noticeable difference. Not this, I have gone 3 weeks without gluten, dairy, and sugar and I think I might feel a tiny bit better. Sorry, it's just how I am. I am trying though (again). Sugar is the big one for me I think. Gluten would be next. So, just working on one little thing at a time. It's lame because sugar is in everything! Sooner or later I will get there. Maybe my one doc is right, if I just work on adding things, that will be easier than taking things away. I have been working on adding my protein shake but I haven't been a 100%. Now maybe I will focus on adding a veggie juice in. Hopefully if I keep adding in the healthy things the bad things will have to go because there just won't be room for them. I like that idea.

God has continued to provide for us financially. Like I said last time, my husband and I feel like God is doing some work behind the scenes we just aren't at a point of sharing yet. I am still excited to see where He is leading us. I am glad I go to the doctor on Thursday so I can discuss our outstanding medical bill. I just opened another one and it had gone up by over $400 dollars so I guess we owe about $1750 to catch up. It almost looks like the insurance stopped paying sooner than I thought. Not cool but we will get through it. I think the doctors office will work with us on payments. I am just hoping to try and get this resolved before it all starts again in a month. Either way, I feel blessed that between my family, my parents, and due to some awesome friends we have made it this far. The only treatment things I have turned down at this point due to money have been hbot and going to the Klinek and Germany. I feel very blessed to have gotten my IV this long and every other med the doc has wanted.

Well my brain is starting to get a little lost so I guess I should end this update for now. Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I have another small medical concern that I have to address with the doctor and I could use some extra prayers for that. I will probably post an update later this week depending on what the doctor says or if anything new comes up. I am going to try and add some more photos to my website so don't forget to check it out. If you are blessed financially and want to help us cover my medical expenses you can also do that through my donation page. There is a chance we maybe able to do a local fundraiser to help out, and if that works out I will certainly let you know. Thanks again for all your support. I hope and pray you are all doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment